Monday, September 15, 2008

Notes from the 9th

Here are some comments I started writing on Tuesday last week that I never got around to finishing. I deleted the menu part but the rest is still valid -

So, as I've already posted, I weighed on Tuesday. Results are not that inspiring for a first week - but I'll take it.

As for choices I've been making this week things I need to change or continue doing -

Change:

- ditch the mini bagel breakfast - it is just two wasted points. I will try to stick with the banana in the car and then really make an effort to make my oatmeal first thing while my computer is booting up when I get to the office

- eat less CHEESE! God how I love cheese!

Continue:

- stick to my guns - I am on a weight loss journey (insert snickers and guffaws here) and eating brie and crackers does not fit into this leg of the trip

- plan plan plan - I feel more confident in my ability to succeed when I know what it going to happen . . . or rather it is easier to stay in control when the situation changes because I need to only amend my original plan . . . I am trying to say, if I have a plan in place and something comes up that requires me to deviate from the plan it is easier to readjust the plan then to just be winging it and having too much freedom or leeway or not know when I need to be reigning it in (I doubt that makes any sense to anyone but me . . . )

I was really hungry this morning even after the mini bagel & banana . . . and the peach . . . so I ate some oatmeal which is always really filling and sticks with me. I was bummed that I was eating so much before weigh in but I was afraid of getting too hungry - that is when I get into trouble and eat everything in sight. I doubt that a cup of oatmeal (it was probably even less since half of it boiled over in the microwave. How does that happen? I made the same exact proportions cooked for the same amount of time last week and had no overflow and today half the bowl spilled? And oatmeal is VERY fun to clean out of the microwave!).

Lunch was leftovers - delicious chicken courtesy of my husband who cooks almost every night! Am I lucky or what? The big challenge with my husband and cooking is getting him to modify his style and tastes to healthier choices. If he chooses unhealthy then I am on my own. Unless there is cheese involved apparently.


Dinner was to be either leftovers or turkey sausage (see, I planned!).


Things I still need to work on, in addition to the above, even more are exercise (I only earned 2 Activity Points all week) and filling the void from the time I get home form work until the time we actually eat (usually around 9PM because I am doing stuff with the baby). We tried doing the family dinner and ate at the same time as the boy. With leftovers on the menu, it was pretty easy to do. I guess time will tell how it will work out when dinner needs to be prepared.

No comments: