Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Ssssssssslacker!

Oh, boy! Do I suck at this blog thing or what? I am guessing that my lack of enthusiasm for blogging is directly correlated to my lack of enthusiam for being on program!

Weight-wise, I am pretty much where I was when I started this whole thing. Fourteen point six pounds to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight. I haven't been to a meeting in about three weeks. I haven't journaled in probably four. And my heart hasn't been in it for probably six. Which is pretty sad since this whole shindig has only been on for about seven or eight weeks.

Anyway, I did go running last night after work. Week 1, Day 1 of the Couch-to-5K (C25K). I really thought about it and I *can* run at least once a week after work then do Friday mornings (since my commute is about five minutes on Friday instead of an hour) and Sundays. I only need 90-minutes total for the whole week. I CAN FIND THAT TIME! I just need to get over my old way of always running really early in the morning. That isn't possible right now so I have to adapt. See Erika adapt. Adapt, Erika, adapt.

So I think I'm going to try to focus on exercise for a bit and then go back to the food thing when I can wrap my head around that. Obviously I can't get into the groove on Weight Watchers right now but I can do SOMETHING.

Also, I signed up for a menu planner service called Relish! I haven't used it yet, but conceptually I really like it. The program provides you with fifteen dinner options each week; pick five and a grocery list is generated based on the menu and the number of servings you designate. I just registered for three months to try it out. If it is something we are able to integrate into our lives I'll sign up for the year.

1 comment:

mesa said...

welcome back! I am going on a week and a half of being OP and journaling so I know if I can do it ANYONE can! Seriously- journal.. even if you are not OP journal.. that will keep you on track!! good luck on C25K! I love that program- never finished it but I love it!