Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Relish! Review (Again)

I will first acknowledge that reviewing Relish! is not what this blog purports to be about. I will, however, defend what I'm doing by saying - hey, at least I'm writing about food which is relevant to losing (or the failure to lose) weight.

Last night was mini broccoli quiches with red pepper hash browns. First - we winged it for the recipes again (couldn't get online in the kitchen). Second - I will never buy frozen hash browns again.

The quiches were yummy - think baked omelet in big muffin tins. We used egg, milk, cheddar cheese, crumbled bacon and some fresh oregano. Baked at 375 for about 20/25 minutes. Yum. I had one, the Man had two. I had one for breakfast.

Frozen hash browns cooked in a skillet were lack luster. When I finally had a chance to look at the recipe on Relish! it called for putting sauteed red bell pepper on the top of the hash browns before serving. I don't think it would have made an appreciable difference.

So far - and I guess I'm repeating myself - both the Man and me are happy with the inspiration we are getting from the service. Still hoping to get wowed by the full package.

P.S. I'm having the ribs for lunch with rice and broccoli. Zero waste from that meal. Bonus!

No comments: