Thursday, September 4, 2008

Thursday - Day 3

HUNGRY HUNGRY HUNGRY HUNGRY


This was a HUNGRY day!


I didn't expect to feel so hungry so early because I intentionally ate a big point breakfast that mixed protein, fat, dairy & carbs (CHEESE! GLORIOUS CHEESE! on a not-so-glorious whole wheat mini-bagel). I know that I will not be able to keep eating full fat cheese to the tune of 6 points a day and lose weight . . . so I bought some 2% to try.


Anyway, lunch was consumed by 11:00 leaving only a squatty looking plum to hold me over until I got home around 6:00. I had to eat the oatmeal (around 2:00) to make it through; I didn't think I could do the oatmeal plain but it wasn't that bad and I saved 2 points I would have otherwise spent on raisins (which will be a great trick for when I don't have such a bounty of points and/or switch to Core). I was hungry again by 3:30 but saved my plum for my ride home. Drinking water, by the way, does not help me feel full.


Dinner was not pre-planned again so that caused some anxiety about my ability to persevere. I knew I had to stop at the store for more fruit on the way home from work so if needed, I could head off the dreaded two-headed monster of laziness and take-out. Also, I knew I had a few pounds of shrimp in the freezer to make a quick point-friendly dinner if all else failed. So all else failed and I defrosted the shrimp and baked a sweet potato and it was delicious! Yay!

I really want to eat something sweet but (a) there is nothing sweet to eat in the house; (b) it would be great to kick the sugar - I think it takes about 2 weeks for the cravings to stop; and (c) don't I want to be thin more than I want to eat junk? I hope so.


Menu for 09.04.08: 30/30

Breakfast: 10


1 Thomas' 100% Whole Wheat mini bagel
2 oz sharp cheddar
1 banana


Lunch: 7


Chicken & Whole wheat pasta over salad


Dinner: 10.5

6oz shrimp sauteed in olive oil
1 large sweet potato with fat free sour cream
Salad

Snack: 2.5


1 cup oatmeal
1 plum
1/2 cup cucumbers
1/2 cup celery

Water: 8/8
Fruit & Vegetables: 8/8
Milk: 2/3
Vitamin: 0/1

Activity: 0







25 Flex Points Remain

1 comment:

mesa said...

you're doing great E! this is definately motivating me too reading your blog! THANK YOU!