Wednesday, September 3, 2008

GLOMWLJ

Once again, I have entered the halls of Weight Watchers©.

I started yesterday by registering for the Monthly Pass (I'm sure that is copyrighted term too . . . ) and attending a meeting near work. So far, I have managed to stay on program (OP).

I thought that writing about the process might keep me on task. I have no grand illusion that this blog will be popular or read by anyone but me, but hey - everyone else seems to have a blog so why not me?

The Flex Plan is best for me right now since I am still nursing & pumping 5-6 times a day. One of the issues I've been having is not eating enough so counting points is best for me until I get a handle on things or stop nursing. I get 6 extra points over-and-above what I would otherwise get for my height/weight/age/activity level; my leader says she will help me "wean" back to no extra points as I nurse and pump less frequently.

Planning planning planning planning is what I need to do to be successful. It is too easy to become complacent and agree to take out a few nights a week. I need to get my menu planned and do my shopping or I will fail.

I guess I will try posting my menu from the day before the post and my progress with the important daily items (water, fruit & vegetables, healthy oils, milk & milk products, multivitamin, activity). Points are calculated using the on-line points tracker unless otherwise noted. Points are not listed per item because I don't want to make WW mad, but I listed the total for each meal/section of the tracker. I will try to include notes where I may have been defeated by my choices or experienced victory with food! Also, I plan to post the results from my weekly weigh in which right now is Tuesday.

Menu for 09.02.08: 34.5/30

Breakfast: 9.5 - I ate breakfast before I really committed to going back to a meeting but considering

2 slices Pepperidge Farm German Dark Wheat Bread
2 Tbsp natural peanut butter
1 banana

Lunch: 7

1 Chicken thigh with one cup whole wheat pasta over a salad

Dinner: 14.5- This meal was planned for Monday night but due to exhaustion, we ate it last night; again, I hadn't committed to getting back OP but I think I did a pretty good job (with two exceptions) of not going overboard on my first day

1/4 cooked lobster with 1 tsp butter
3 oz cooked NY Strip (trimmed) with olive oil
1/2 cup broccolini with garlic & olive oil
1 Tbsp mashed potatoes (not a great choice)
1 chocolate chip cookie (definitely not a great choice!)

Snacks: 3.5

1 medium plum
1 large peach
2 cups watermelon

Water: 7/8
Fruit & Vegetables (F/V): 8/8
Milk: 0/3
Vitamin: 0/1
Activity: 0

30.5 Flex Points Remain

No comments: