Sunday, September 7, 2008

TGIF - Day 4

Not much happening foodwise today. Maybe I should be drinking more water. Also, I probably should start tracking my diet soda intake - I usually just don't count it - not even as water, just a nothing. I don't drink any most days but sometimes I go on a tear and drink three cans of soda a day and I know that is not good!



I tried the light cheese - it is a 50% fat cheddar - and it is okay. I will have to assess whether it is worth saving 1 point per serving. Probably when I have fewer points I will be forced to eat the 50% but it really is not as good.



Also I brought more snacks and they are veggies rather than more fruit. I will probably need to cut back to two fruits a day, and maybe even one as I get closer to goal, but for now I am sticking with my banana-plus-two.



Once again, no dinner plans but there were leftovers from yesterday and also some chicken left from the bird I cooked on Monday night. I thought maybe burgers would be good . . . 13.5 points left as of 3:30pm. We decided to go to the store when I got home from work and ended up with some thin sliced sirloin with homemade guacamole and tortillas. Pretty darn good!



And now, on to the challenge of the weekend!



Menu 09.05.08: 32.5/30


Breakfast: 5.5


1 Thomas' 100% whole wheat mini bagel
2 oz Cabot Light Cheddar cheese (50% reduced fat)


Lunch: 5


Chicken breast over salad with FF Poppyseed dressing

Dinner: 16

3 oz cooked trimmed sirloin
1/4 medium avocado
2 Tbsp Italian dressin (this was the marinade)
2 Whole wheat tortillas (read labels more carefully! these are the same points as a regular tortilla!)
1 Skinny Cow sandwich


Snack: 6


1/2 cup cucumber
1 cup carrots
1 cup celery
2 Tbsp hummus
1 large banana
1 small apple
1 cup grapes
2 CF Diet Cokes

No comments: